plant health care
Our plant health care services maintain and improve your landscape’s appearance, vitality, and longevity. We employ an ecosystem-based strategy utilizing biological controls, habitat manipulation, and the use of disease and pest resistant plant varieties.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
Gachina Landscape Management practices IPM, an ecosystem-based strategy that focuses on long-term prevention of pests through biological controls, habitat manipulation, modification of cultural practices, and the use of resistant plant varieties. Whenever possible, beneficial insects are used to control unwanted pests and diseases. Chemicals are only used after monitoring indicates they are needed. Materials are selected and applied in a manner that minimizes risks for human health and the environment. IPM creates conditions more favorable to plants than pests.
Trees that produce fruit can be a nuisance; We can be the solution. We offer environmentally conscience fruit control methods for your Liquid Ambars, Olives, and Arbutus.
- Fallen fruit is a slip and fall hazard
- Fallen fruit stains sidewalks, carpets & patios
- Fallen fruit is unsightly
The treatment window is short, we know just how and when to treat your trees for optimum fruit control.
Deep Root Watering and Fertilization
While the drought may be over, water conservation is still the California way of life. Trees and shrubs suffered much stress in the drought years and it is more important than ever to ensure the safety and value of your trees through proper irrigation and care. We offer deep root water and fertilization injections under tree canopies. This is done with high pressure equipment that injects water and fertilizer where the roots are more active. This treatment offers the following benefits:
- Supplies nutrients directly at the root ball level. Our ‘ready to use’ and ‘slow release’ fertilizer options allow for prompt recovery and long term benefits.
- Liquid form provides a quick absorption and a prompt response.
- Granular form allows a slow release nutrition throughout a period of 12 months.
- Defends against stress which can cripple your trees.
- Defends against diseases & insects that may attack weakened trees.
- Replenishes the water table at the root level.
- Increases the ability of the soil to retain water.
- Increases the ability of the roots to absorb nutrients and fertilizer more efficiently.
- Increases the time between watering cycles.
- Saves water by lowering waste due to drifting and evaporation.
Fireblight is a bacterial disease that attacks your Apple and Pear tree’s blossoms and new shoots, making its way into the twigs and then the branches. Fireblight gets its name from the burnt appearance of the affected blossoms and twigs. It is systemic and destroys your trees from the inside out. Heavy and persistent infections can be fatal.
We offer annual Fireblight protection to defend your trees. Treatment includes proper watering, fertilization, pruning practices and spraying. In new planting design and installation, prevention is the best solution and planting resistant varieties is key.
Other Plant Health Care Services Include:
- Gopher and mole control
- Winterizing oil
- Compost tea application
- Mycorrhizae application
- Gypsy moth prevention / treatment
Contact us today to discuss plant health care for your property at (650) 853-0400