Cost-Effective, Water-Saving Irrigation System Design
Your business deserves better than a one-size-fits-all irrigation system design.
Gachina Landscape Management’s team customizes your irrigation system to the specific needs of your property. A tailor-made system that uses water more efficiently keeps your landscape looking healthy and lush, while significantly reducing long-term costs.
Before designing an irrigation system, our experts take the time to study every aspect of your property. We use that information and three decades of experience in developing beautiful landscapes for Bay Area clients to create an irrigation system that perfectly suits your company.
Designing an Irrigation System Based on These Important Factors
When Gachina Landscape Management designs an irrigation system for clients in Bay Area communities such as Foster City, Sunnyvale, Burlingame, Milpitas, Hayward, and Morgan Hill, we take into account factors such as:
- Sprinkler placement. Proper water distribution is critically important. Poor sprinkler coverage results in unsightly dry pockets of landscape. Placing sprinklers so there is the correct amount of irrigation overlap ensures even distribution of water.
- Hilly terrain can be a challenge. There are several methods we implement to minimize runoff, including using the correct type of sprinkler head and proper pipe placement along the contours of a slope. With low-lying areas, we take care to prevent pooling of water.
- Soil type. How quickly water is absorbed into the ground depends on soil conditions. For instance, adjustments in irrigation system design must be made for dense clay soils that retain moisture. Many properties have a combination of clay and sandy soils.
- Plant types and their exposure to sun or shade directly affects their water requirements. For example, an expanse of grass typically requires more moisture than a drought-tolerant stand of Japanese boxwoods, and that same grass growing in full sun needs more water than when it is growing in the shade of your building.
- Drip irrigation is preferable in certain locales. Sprinklers operating in a windy area often overspray, wasting water and keeping the landscape from getting the moisture it needs.
- Water schedules. The importance of water cycle timelines is often overlooked but is essential in keeping plants and grass looking good throughout the year. For maximum results, Gachina sets up a schedule incorporating water days with cycle length and the time of day. We then adjust it, season to season, or whenever necessary.
Other details Gachina considers for each irrigation system design include pipe size and type, water pressure, and the source of water.
Advanced Technology Drives Every Irrigation System Design
Gachina incorporates advanced water-saving equipment manufactured by Petaluma-based HydroPoint into our irrigation system designs. HydroPoint’s signature line of products, WeatherTRAK, gives property owners a degree of control over their irrigation system that was impossible just a few years ago.
Another cutting-edge feature of modern irrigation system design is Graphic Information System mapping. GIS maps of a property provide Gachina clients with an overview that can help pinpoint system features that may need repair or adjustments.
Irrigation system design by Gachina Landscape Management is an investment that quickly pays for itself. Call 650-853-0400 today or contact us online to learn more.
We provide landscape management services to the following areas:
|Burlingame||Foster City||Mountain View||San Carlos||Union City|
|Cupertino||Hayward||Palo Alto||San Jose||Walnut Creek|
|Daly City||Livermore||Pleasanton||San Ramon|
|Danville||Martinez||Redwood City||Silicon Valley|
|Emeryville||Morgan Hill||San Bruno||Sunnyvale|