Working with Nature Through Sustainable Landscaping
For Gachina Landscape Management, “sustainable landscaping” defines the planet-friendly services we provide to our clients.
Each of these services works with nature in a particular way to create landscapes that require fewer resources and are healthier for people, animals, and the environment in general. Sustainable landscaping is also good for the bottom line, saving clients money and protecting their property investments.
With Gachina’s integrated approach, sustainable landscaping practices work in harmony to produce lasting, visible results. A sustainable landscape provides homes to beneficial wildlife, requires less irrigation, and protects air, soil, and water quality.
Water conservation is a critical aspect of sustainable landscaping. The Gachina team recommends upgrading watering systems with modern technology such as smart controllers, drip technology, and rotary nozzles. We also emphasize constant monitoring to detect leaks and over-spraying.
To our clients interested in helping the environment, we offer these additional sustainable landscaping services:
- Low water use plantings. Along with more efficient irrigation technology, water conservation consists of installing plants that thrive with little water. Native plants such as Indian Mallow, California Yarrow, and Lupine replace thirsty lawns, require low maintenance, and are beautiful additions to your landscape.
- Lawn conversions. Bay Area businesses that scale back or replace grass areas experience significant reductions in water usage. Alternatives to lawns include gardens of native plants, creative hardscaping, and ground covers.
- Beneficial insects. Introducing natural predators such as ladybugs or praying mantises controls destructive insects such as mites, aphids, and grubs, making harmful pesticides unnecessary.
- Green roof management. Also known as vegetated roofs, green roofs are specially engineered rooftops outfitted with soil, irrigation systems, and plants. Green roofs offer several environmental benefits. They reduce storm water runoff, which is very important in urban settings. They also reduce energy consumption by cooling the tops of buildings while increasing habitats for birds and insects. Gachina manages the complex ecosystems that make up green roofs.
- Bee habitat cultivation. Pollinators are an essential part of nature. Preserving or creating habitats for bees, butterflies and other insects helps plants and trees that can clean our air and ensures pollination of food crops. By installing a hive on Gachina property where appropriate and safe, we practice what we preach about saving the earth.
- Green waste recycling. Gachina recycles plant and grass clippings, leaves, weeds, and other organic material for reuse as mulch around trees, in gardens, flower beds, and other locations in a landscape.
The Gachina Team’s Earth-Friendly Certifications
Some of the most respected sustainable landscaping organizations in the U.S. train and certify Gachina employees. Our team is then able to bring a high level of expertise to every project we undertake.
The California Landscape Contractors Association, the National Association of Landscape Professionals, and the Irrigation Association are among our affiliated organizations. ReScape California, another Gachina affiliate, created the Bay-Friendly Rating System that established standards for natural resources in landscaping.
Help Us Change the Earth Through Sustainable Landscaping
Learn more about our sustainable landscaping practices and their value to your company. Call 650-853-0400 to talk with a Gachina Landscape Management professional.
We provide our Sustainable Landscaping Services in these San Francisco Bay Area cities:
- Daly City
- San Bruno
- San Francisco
- South San Francisco