Gachina volunteers to beautify the Sunnyvale Adult School Daycare Facility
Partnering with IFMA SV and The GROW Organization, Gachina Landscape Management participated in an Earth Day beautification project at the Sunnyvale Adult School Daycare Facility, Fremont Union High School District. Volunteers from multiple trades pitched in to renovate the landscaping, tree services, carpentry, painting, electrical work and more. At the end of the hard working day, the facility was neat and clean, freshly painted, weeded, mulched, well-lit and even new play structures built for the children. Please click here for images of the event.
A team of 9 Gachina volunteers spent their Saturday, April 28th, renovating the landscape and children’s play area at this facility. The services Gachina provided are estimated at $8,474.00. Scope of work included:
- Removed trip hazard by installing decomposed granite with base rock and retaining wall;
- Removed lifted asphalt trip hazard at playground rubber surface, including minor root pruning;
- Top-dressed three sandboxes;
- Installed sod in bare lawn areas and provide an after-hours watering system (timer for hoses and manual sprinkler);
- Removed weeds in garden planters and add compost for future planting;
- Top-dressed entrance planter areas with compost and mulch;
- Removed tree volunteers and top-dressed flower bed with compost.
The Sunnyvale Adult School’s vision is “that our students, as lifelong learners, will become informed, contributing citizens of the community and knowledgeable, self-directed members of their family and the workforce.” Programs include Adult Literacy, Citizenship, English as a Second Language, Adult Secondary Education (High School Diploma/GED), Active Adults: 50+, Parent Education (Bright Beginnings Pre-School), Career Technical Education, and Community Enrichment. Students gain skills to transition to college, obtain career and technical training, obtain employment or update employment skills. The Daycare Facility Bright Beginnings is a parent participation preschool and parent education program.
Gachina has partnered with IMFA SV on their spring community outreach projects since 2008. We are proud to donate our time, expertise, materials and equipment to such worthwhile causes.
Photos courtesy of Debra Macias, Gachina Landscape Management and Kent Goetz, Air Systems.